This story is per Pete's account:
This morning, Pete went to get Lively out of bed, and as soon as he lifted Lively out of his crib, Lively looked over to his dresser, pointed, and said, "Ssssaah." Pete put Lively down on the floor, and Lively walked over to the dresser, picked up the socks on top, then walked back to Pete, handed him the socks, and sat in Pete's lap. He then signed socks, as he said "Ssssah." Pete held the sock open, and Lively happily put his foot into it, signing "socks" over and over.
We've practiced the sign for socks before, awhile ago, but not lately, and I haven't ever seen Lively do the sign before today, especially unprompted.
When it was time for nap, I attempted to remove Lively's socks (it was 90 degrees outside, and not a lot cooler in his bedroom), and Lively expressed his dissent, and repeated the socks sign. I left them on. And gave him about a million kisses.
Today's other fun tidbit:
We sang, "If you're happy and you know it" with Lively today out on our porch, and Lively danced around delightedly for the whole song. He has learned to clap his hands, stomp his feet, or say "hurray!" (he just lifts his arms over his head with a happy smile) at the appropriate time in the song, instead of throughout the whole song. (If you're happy and you know it stomp your feet. *STOMP *STOMP.)
We were all happy. And we knew it.
Awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteYour faces surely showed it as well, I'm sure.
ReplyDelete